Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

R5 to Cisco
doesyour
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject: R5 to Cisco Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and Version: V3

2. Java version:8

3. OS type and the version:MSS 2008 R2

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:Cisco 7925/ Brekeke

5. Your problem: I'm unable to call back after the call has stopped, from the missed calls folder. It will only dial the room back. ex. 3*325*1 since the message is missing the trunk route and only displays (3*325*1) it will not work. Of course it works fine when the call is ringing, answers instantly and i can manually dial the trunk route and the room and this will work also. But, I'd like to shorten the ring duration and still have the staff answer the call later without doing back flips.....any ideas....If the Cisco would only sent the trunk route into the message, we'd be fine. I've also tried using the Rauland Voip prefix in the programming and it only populates the sip registration.
james
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it a callback from Cisco phone to the R5 through Call Manager and Brekeke SIP Server?
doesyour
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, if I dial route and room dial its fine, but if I try using the missed calls directory it fails. Because its missing the dial route.....
james
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems an issue in the Cisco phone or Call Manager's settings.
tlsoren
Brekeke Addict

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your need to work with the facility to create a dial routes in the Call Manager to recognize a call from an R5 room, and direct it to the SIP trunk between CUCM and Brekeke. The Call Manager has no idea what to do with a 3*... call.

One option for his can be done with a trunk access type prefix built in R5. In the R5Ware, there is a setting Systems Options: VoIP Dial Prefix. The number entered here will prepend to the registrations in Brekeke.

So your 3*251*1 example room would register as 7773*251*1, if 777 is put in the VoIP Dial Prefix. When the SIP call goes out from R5, the Caller ID dialback string will show as 7773*251*1. In the Call Manger, set a route to recognize the 777, and send to SIP trunk.

Also, because Brekeke registers the rooms in all ways, you can train the staff to dial 777251 to cold call the room.(as long as you have distinct room numbers throughout).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1