Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Encrypted password field
james_CK
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject: Encrypted password field Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and Version:
Ver 3.4.7.2

2. Java version:
Version 8 Update 51

3. OS type and the version:
Windows Server 2012 R2

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:

5. Your problem:
I am using MySQL as 3rd party database and I need to insert users in t_userdir table by using encrypted password field from our application. How should I encrypt that field in order to be understandable by Brekeke registration process.

Do I need to use other tool for this purpose? If so, what tool or plugin i would need to use?

Thanks for your help.
Tata
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you set "Encrypt Users Passwords" off in the SIP server's Database settings, you don't have to encrypt a password when you create a user in the database directly.

If you want to keep the database secure, host the MySQL under the secure environment.
james_CK
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject: Encrypted password field Reply with quote

Thanks Tata for your reply. However, I think I didnt explain very well.

What I mean is that I am going to insert users in t_userdir table directly from our application. The table is in MySql Server as 3rd party database. The t_userdir table has the Password field and usually Brekeke inserts the user's password encrypted.

Now, if the "user" data will be inserted directly from application then how should I encrypt the password if we need to insert it as a encrypted field as Brekeke does.

Thanks!
Mike
Support Team

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We recommend you use the [Encrypt Users Passwords] = off as Tata posted. Also we mentioned it in the document .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1