Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Can not open database. Go to Configuration | Database to cha
CodyRBF
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:57 am    Post subject: Can not open database. Go to Configuration | Database to cha Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and Version: Brekeke SIP Server V3.3.5.8

2. Java version: 7-u65

3. OS type and the version: Server 2008 R2

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved: None

5. Your problem:

When I open the admin tool I receive the error "Can not open database. Go to Configuration | Database to change settings. Otherwise, try rebooting the machine." it appears that all my dial plans are gone, all the registered clients, and the status of the server is stuck at the inactive state. I'm not using a third party database and all of the settings in the database tab are default.

I noticed this issue whenever I disabled 1 out of 2 NIC cards on the server. I tried to enable the NIC, but still got the same error in Brekeke.

I don't care if the DB is corrupt or what has to happen. I just need to get this fixed. If possible without having to reinstall Brekeke. What are my options here?

Thank you
Laurie
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked this?
http://wiki.brekeke.com/wiki/Error--Can-not-open-database

If you have multiple Brekeke installations in the same machine, the database port will conflict.

Also, let you disable the firewall in the OS because it might block the database's port.
CodyRBF
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Laurie,

Thank you for responding!

Unfortunately I did check that article and was unsuccessful in resolving the issue.

The firewall on this machine is turned off/disabled. There is only 1 Brekeke install on this machine. I've reboot the machine multiple times. I've changed the DB port (and then restarted).

But all of those steps have come up empty. None worked.

Any other ideas? Am I basically looking at a reinstall?
I had this randomly happen on another site that I had to reinstall but I would really like to figure out what is causing the issue instead of reinstalling every time, due to the license activation limitations. (I think it's limited to 3 activations.)

Thanks!
Laurie
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked the hard disk with the "chkdsk" command?
If the disk is corrupted, the database image will be also corrupted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1