Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Problem with Cisco to Responder 5 - Busy 486
afasano98
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: Problem with Cisco to Responder 5 - Busy 486 Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and Version: Brekeke SIP Server , Version 3.3.4.4 Advanced

2. Java version: Java 6 Standard Edition Update 43 (build 1.6.0_43-b01)

3. OS type and the version: Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved: Brekeke SIP Server 10.185.58.120, Responder Gateway Server 10.185.55.65, Cisco Unified Communications Manager 10.163.80.190 & 10.185.80.159

5. Your problem: We are able to successfully make calls from the Responder 5, through Brekeke, to the CUCM and then to the Cisco Wireless handsets. Audio communication is good in both directions. However, when trying to call into the Responder 5 from the Cisco handsets using the dial string, I get a Busy signal on the handset. I checked the Brekeke logs, and I am receiving an Error 486. I then ran a Wireshark capture, and it seems that the Responder Gateway Server is giving the 486 error to the Brekeke.

I followed the Brekeke configuration note for the Responder 5 to Cisco integration, and Rauland’s technical documentation. I also had them create the route pattern in CUCM so that they route any calls starting with a prefix of 5* to the SIP trunk directed at Brekeke. Since it looks like the Busy message is coming from the Responder Gateway Server to the Brekeke, I think the problem is on our end (not the CUCM).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
hope
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.brekeke.com/doc/sip/rauland_conf_notes/v3/rauland_cisco_bssv3.pdf

check if there is SDP in the invite sent from cisco to brekeke as in doc above section 2 - 2.1 Enable the MTP (Media Termination Point Required)
afasano98
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have checked their CUCM and yes MTP is definitely enabled on the SIP trunk.
hope
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capture packets at Brekeke server and check
- Is there SDP shown in the INVITE packets sent from Cisco?
- if there is any session timer, Alert-Info, P-Location headers used at cisco invite, disable it from cisco side
or add the dial plan rule "from cisco" as in doc
also add "deploy patterns" the following
Session-Expires =
Min-SE =

Check Rauland side log for any call log shown with the problem calls and cause of error response.
check if brekeke server address has been added at Rauland gateway
james
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "MTP" must be set in the CISCO Call Manager.
But even if the MTP is enabled, the CISCO Call Manager may not put SDP in INVITE.
It might be depending on Call Manager's version??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1