Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Unregistering a specific user with an internal command
iergl
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:23 am    Post subject: Unregistering a specific user with an internal command Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and Version: 3.3.1.2 Advanced

2. Java version:

3. OS type and the version: windows 7

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved: softsipphone

5. Your problem:

Hi,

I want to unregister a specific user, e.g. User_ID=10 instead of unregistering all active users with command regclear. Also, I need to know whole command list of Brekeke that can be executed with $action=..., like regclear, block etc.
Laurie
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which softphone product are you using?
A softphone should have the feature to un-register its record from the SIP Server.
iergl
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Unregistering a specific user with internal command Reply with quote

Hi Laurie,

Let me explain the issue to make clear: I want to unregister a specific user from the SIP server as an admin. Ofcourse it can be done manually from the GUI of Brekeke. However, I want to do it with a Dial Plan automatically using some internal code. In Wiki pages of Brekeke for example by using $action=regclear, it is stated that all registered users can be unregistered. But, I wonder how I can unregister a specific user at SIP server by using an internal command like regclear not the all users.
Laurie
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which softphone product are you using?
Why do you need to remove a specific user from the register database?

You don't have to remove it but a softphone should maintain it.
If your softphone doesn't meet the requirement, try another one.
iergl
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:04 am    Post subject: Unregistering a specific user with internal command Reply with quote

Why do you need to remove a specific user from the register database?

If a SIP UA 'unregister message' does not reach to Brekeke SIP Server due to internet connection etc., multiple registration problem occurs at the SIP server because SIP UA keeps changing TCP source port for each registration without unregistration. So, we want to handle such problem such that if multiple registration problem exists, SIP server can recognize the issue and unregister the old session. Otherwise in multi registration situation system shows unsteady behavior.
james
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Multiple registrations will not cause any routing issue because the SIP Server always uses the latest record.

The next version of Brekeke SIP Server version3.3 will clear such old records immediately and automatically .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1