Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

404 error
tlsoren
Brekeke Addict

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: 404 error Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and Version: SIP Server Version 2

2. Java version: Java 6 standard edition

3. OS type and the version:

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved: Rauland R5 integration to Cisco Call Manager.

5. Your problem: Some calls failing, patient gets a message user not available. For this application, the patient places a call from the bedside, and the call rings 7 handsets simultaneously. Whoever answers the call first talks to the patient. Facility reports the patient gets a message, just sometimes that the user is not available.

I see in the logs that error 404 pops up with a call failure note. One question I have, will the 404 pop up if the actual handset is turned off?

I know that the port, #, deploy pattern, dial string, and IP to call manager is correct because most calls go through. Just sometimes the patient is getting the user not available message through the bedside.

Thanks, -Tom

hope
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

capture packets about the call and look for who reply with 404, Brekeke or Cisco?
If the call applied the dial plan rule at Brekeke and had been sent to Cisco, the 404 reply may be from Cisco side.
if the call didnot apply any dial plan rule at Brekeke, and callee number not found in Brekeke server "Registered Clients" page,
Brekeke will reply 404. you may need to modify the dial plan rule to route call to proper destination.
tlsoren
Brekeke Addict

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Hope. For our troubleshooting purposes, do you know if the 404 message will show if the actual handset is turned off?

I am trying correlate if some of the failure messages that I am seeing if the logs are due to the handset being turned off.

hope
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the 404 response code shown from Brekeke SIP Server GUI "Logs" page?
If so, the response is sent from call destination side(Cisco).
it will depend on Cisco side response code setting about if 404 response is related to handset is turned off or not.

If the handset is registered at Brekeke SIP Server, and at the time of call, the related callee registration record is not shown at "Registered clients" page, Brekeke will reply 404, but this call will not show in Brekeke Logs page.
tuie2
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,

> One question I have, will the 404 pop up if the actual handset is turned off?

Which handset product is it?
If a handset is turned off, the Brekeke SIP Server and CISCO Call Manager can not reach the callee user. Therefore, the "404 Not Found" will happen.

Make sure all of handsets should keep running always.
if a handset is on a wireless network, make sure wireless signal is strong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1