Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Delay for users using 3cx softphone, (xlites = fine)
linuxbrekeket2
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Delay for users using 3cx softphone, (xlites = fine) Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version: Version 3.0.6.3 Advanced

2. Java version: 1.7.0_02

3. OS type and the version: centos 2.6.32-220.23.1.el6.x86_64

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:yes see below

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :pattern 1

6. Your problem:

A user has 1+ second delay while using a certain soft phone (3cx).

Background, user has a 3cx softphone that is connecting directly to the public IP of my box. The box is actively used with 20+ concurrent calls throughout the day. This is the only user/site that is complaining about issues.

The interesting part, using hard phones and another softphone, (yealinks, snoms and Xlite) there appears to be no issues. I have also taken server and site network traces and the round trip time is very low for this site, leading me to believe the soft phone is introducing the delay.

I sent this issue over to the 3cx team who have investigated and concluded that there is no issue because changing the SIP supplier removes the issue. Basically 3cx have told my customer to use another provider

I have highlighted to the customer that other hardphones and softphones work and that this appears to be a problem with the 3cx softphone only however given 3cx's reply the user is now pushing us to resolve this highlighting the fact that changing SIP suppliers resolves the issue.

So

Does anyone else have issues like this?

Does anyone know what might be causing this issue?

Can anyone point me in the right direction on pinning this issue down?

All my codecs are set to G711u

Jason
tuie2
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know when the delay happens? Is it in the making a call? Or is it in the receiving a call?

It seems delay is a common issue at 3CX phone...
https://www.google.com/search?q=3cx+delay+site%3A3cx.com&oq=3cx+delay+site%3A3cx.com
tuie2
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tested 3CX on Windows 7 with Brekeke SIP Server.
It seems there are no delay issue.

Let you try the latest version of 3CX softphone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1