Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

SIP Servers high availability
eduardl
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: SIP Servers high availability Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version:

Advanced

2. Java version:

3. OS type and the version:

Win 2003 Server R2

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :

6. Your problem:

I try to configure 2 SIP Servers in High Availability mode.
Both of them configured in the same LAN (behind SBC).
I have no problems, when a primary one is down, so the secondary server takes his role.
But, when a primary servers goes up (after reboot for example) I have IP address collision, when actually a VIRTUAL IP Address is configured on both servers.
How can I resolve the issue?
hope
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

before start up primary server, unplug the internet cable and remove virtual ip manually
if failover happens because of network problem, primary is still running
use heartbeat on primary serve to monitor network status, and add action to delete virtual ip from primary server when heartbeat fails.
eduardl
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, if some temporary network problem between Primary and Secondary occurs, such a heartbeat action on primary will help, BUT most common failure is actually Primary/Secondary server sudden reboot for some reason, so AUTOMATIC solution for such an issue is very important (and not a manually that you specified).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1