Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

User agent always fail to register on SIP server
jmzhang
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: User agent always fail to register on SIP server Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version:
Brekeke SIP Server 2.4.3.9/286, evaluation
2. Java version:
3. OS type and the version:
linux,2.6.31.6-162.fc12.i686.PAE
4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :

6. Your problem:
My UA always fail to register to SIP server when authentication is enabled.I created a user on the SIP server and enabled authencation, I am sure that username, password, realm is correctly confiugred on both server and UA side. However, my UA always fail to register due to authencation problem for if I disable authencation, it can.
I performed a packet capture on the Server side and found that, when the SIP server received a register packet with authencation header, it then sent a 100 trying packet and 403 forbidden packet. If the register packet did not contain an authencation header, the server would sent 401 unauthoried packet and then the UA could register successfully. I wonder if this is the SIP server's problem.

Authorization: Digest username="1002",realm="10.104.40.196",nonce="",uri="sip:10.104.40.196",response=""
Authentication Scheme: Digest
Username: "1002"
Realm: "10.104.40.196"
Nonce Value: ""
Authentication URI: "sip:10.104.40.196"
Digest Authentication Response: ""

thanks.
lakeview
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> 4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:

Why did you not tell your UA's product name?
If you use a SIP compliant client, the problem will not happen..
jmzhang
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lakeview wrote:
> 4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:

Why did you not tell your UA's product name?
If you use a SIP compliant client, the problem will not happen..

Sorry, I do not know exactly what the product name is. However, from the server [View clients] page, it displays as 'User Agent :dva 2.2.1065'.
The strange thing is that the UA can register to the SIP server on windows OS(2.4.3.9, academic), the server will send a 401 unauthorized packet after it receive the UA's register packet. But, the server on linux OS directly sent a 403 forbidden after it received the UA's register packet.
I wonder if there are some logs why the SIP server reject the UA.

Thanks
lakeview
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you use another UA such as X-Lite, does the same problem happen??
jmzhang
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a linksys UA and didn't find such problem. However, there is something different. Because I did a packet capture on the server and found that the the initial register packet from the linksys UA did not carry Authen header so server would reply a 401 unauthorized packet. However, the UA I used sent the initial register packet with an authen header, then the server replied a 403 forbidden directly.

I remember that this problem occured after I configured "multiple domains" on the server. Now, although I cleared all the configuration of the multiple domains, the problem still exists
hope
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the "Multiple Domains mode" field still checked on the sip server?
if yes, unchecked it and restart sip server.
and check if the auth infor is the same between the setting on sip server and your phone.
if possible, reset them on both sides and try to register phone again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1