Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Memory Leaks? (Page Faults)
achooi
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Memory Leaks? (Page Faults) Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version: Brekeke SIP Server , Version 2.3.8.2 Standard

2. Java version: 1.5.0 (build 1.5.0_07-b03)

3. OS type and the version: Windows Server 2003 Ent. Edition. SP2

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved: pap2

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html : Pattern 4

6. Your problem:
When I open Task Mananger to check the performance of my server, I see that the Java.exe process from BSS has page faults in the billions. What causes this memory leak? Does it affect call quality? Is this something I should be worried about?
tuie2
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you experience any voice quality issue?
if RTP packets are not relayed by the sip server, you don't have to worry about it..
how many calls do you have?
achooi
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Memory Leaks Reply with quote

As far as voice quality, I haven't found any evidence that suggests that voice quality is affected. That is what I'm trying to find out. What is the consequence of those page faults. Yes, my BSS has relay on so it handles the media traffic as well. My server peaks anywhere from 175-200 calls/sessions.
achooi
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:07 am    Post subject: Memory Leaks causing lines not to register? Reply with quote

Well, i had some users with problems. Their pap2 only allowed 1 line to register. I restarted BSS and now both lines register. Is there a fix for this?
tuie2
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using any database with Brekeke SIP Server such as MySQL?

You don't have to worry about doubled registration records.
The SIP Server uses the latest one even if there are multiple record with the same name.
achooi
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I am only using the native BSS database. Could that be the issue?
tuie2
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you use native BSS's database, you don't have to care about doubled registration records.

>> Well, i had some users with problems.

Are these users located behind NAT?

>> I restarted BSS and now both lines register.

Do both lines indicate a same user name?
Do both lines indicate a same requester IP address?
achooi
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the late response.

>>Are these users located behind NAT?
Yes

>>Do both lines indicate a same user name?
It's mixed. some have two different sip accounts (2 different providers) and some have two identical sip accounts(same provider).

>>Do both lines indicate a same requester IP address?
Yes

Any ideas on what is going on? I have another post that no one has responded to yet, but it does give more details about what is happening when Line1 stops registering. Hope this helps:

6. Your problem: Hello, I have an issue that seems quite random. At certain times, line1 on my pap2 at home will stop registering. But line two will be fine. In my pap2 configuration, my BSS address is used as an "Outbound Proxy" and my serproxy address as the Proxy. When I disable outbound proxy, line1 registers fine. I've tried changing the local port from 5060 to something else, and rebooted the pap2 many times. The only thing that worked is restarting the BSS through the web interface. My BSS is used to forward all media and signaling traffic to my serproxy & asterisk servers. My BSS is used solely as an Outbound Proxy. Any ideas on what is going on? I also have a thread about seeing many page faults, not sure if that is related. You can check that thread out also. Please let me know if you need any additional information.

I use several serproxy servers to load balance across several asterisk servers. So, in my dial plan, I've listed all my serproxy servers, here is an example of my dialplan & configuration:

Matching Patterns
$request = ^REGISTER
To = sip:(.+)@x.x.x.x
Deploy Patterns
$auth = false
$action = register

SIP:
NAT traversal (Keep address/port mapping)=on
Add 'rport' parameter (Send)=on
Authentication (REGISTER)=on
Auth-user=user in "To:" (Register)=yes
Auth-user=user in "From:"=yes
Thru Registration=on
tuie2
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your Brekeke SIP Server located behind NAT?
If so, you need to put the router's global IP address in the SIP Server's interface settings.
http://wiki.brekeke.com/wiki/Set-port-forwarding

If the problem still happens, ask Brekeke's support team to analyze your packets.
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
The nat router on the user side could be affecting this. As a test, reboot the users router and if that doesn't work, reboot the router Brekeke is behind without rebooting Brekeke to isolate the problem. Are you doing port fowarding on the users side?
achooi
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to thank you for the input voipwell. Here is what I found out. have a domain name that our customers use as a proxy. We were using DNS SRV to load balance between two ip addresses for that domain. When it switches to the 2nd IP, the DNS cache still holds the first IP. Disabling the DNS SRV and modifying the dial plan like this solve the issue:

Matching Patterns
$request = ^REGISTER
To = sip:(.+)@x.x.com
Deploy Patterns
$auth = false
$action = register
$target = x.x.x.x
tuie2
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you want to load balance between two Brekeke SIP Servers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1