Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Brekeke and OCS 2007 R2
shishko
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Brekeke and OCS 2007 R2 Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version: 2.2.7.8

2. Java version: Java 6 Update 10

3. OS type and the version: Windows 2003 R2

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :

6. Your problem:

Hi,

I wonder if this kind of setup can be done with Brekeke. I have OCS 2007 R2 setup (one OCS Front End Server, one OCS Mediation Server and one OCS Edge Server). OCS FE Server requires TLS or TCP for SIP phones to register. Is it possible to configure Brekeke SIP Server to register SIP phones by proxying register requests via TCP to OCS FE? Any other ideas are welcome...

Thanks.

Denis
james
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brekeke SIP Server Standard and Advanced Editions support TCP.
You can register your SIP phones to OCS through Brekeke SIP Server with TCP.
Refer the "Upper Registration" in the document.
shishko
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi James,

thanks for quick reply.
Unfortunately, I'm quite new at SIP, so I don't know very much about it and I have couple of questions.
First of all, I'd like to know does Brekeke HAS TO authenticate users before upper registration or could it just route those requests to OCS?
I configured BSS to successfully authenticate users for domain domain.local. But if I configure BSS for upper registration with server ocs-fe.domain.local (OCS Front End), BSS sends register requests in form "REGISTER sip:ocs-fe.domain.local", while it should be "REGISTER sip:domain.local". And From and To fields are in form "user@ocs-fe.domain.local", while it should be "user@domain.local".

Thanks again,

Denis
james
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>First of all, I'd like to know does Brekeke HAS TO authenticate users before upper registration or could it just route those requests to OCS?

It depends on your policy. Brekeke SIP Server can do both ways.
If OCS authenticate users, Brekeke SIP Server doesn't have to do so. Otherwise, Brekeke SIP Server needs to do so.

>> BSS sends register requests in form "REGISTER sip:ocs-fe.domain.local", while it should be "REGISTER sip:domain.local". And From and To fields are in form "user@ocs-fe.domain.local", while it should be "user@domain.local".

Why do you think so?
Since the destination domain is "ocs-fe.domain.local", the URI in the request-line and To should be "ocs-fe.domain.local".
shishko
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi James and thanks again.

Quote:
It depends on your policy. Brekeke SIP Server can do both ways.
If OCS authenticate users, Brekeke SIP Server doesn't have to do so. Otherwise, Brekeke SIP Server needs to do so.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to accomplish this. Could you give me some directions?

Quote:
Since the destination domain is "ocs-fe.domain.local", the URI in the request-line and To should be "ocs-fe.domain.local".

My OCS domain is domain.local, not ocs-fe.domain.local.
ocs-fe.domain.local is OCS Front End server which should do actual authentication.

Denis
james
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>> Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to accomplish this. Could you give me some directions?

Does your OCS authenticate REGISTER requests? What kind of setting are you using?

>> My OCS domain is domain.local, not ocs-fe.domain.local.
ocs-fe.domain.local is OCS Front End server which should do actual authentication.

Do you want to send REGISTER packets to domain.local instead of ocs-fe.domain.local?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1