Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

ARS Outbound calls
mikeboger
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: ARS Outbound calls Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version:2.2.6 PBX

2. Java version:1.5

3. OS type and the version:Debian 4.0r6

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:Polycom500, Asterisk Gateway

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :9

6. Your problem:Cannot get Outbound calls to work with ITSP. I did not see my ITSP in the examples.The ITSP only requires a public IP address.They provide a DID for inbound calls. I created a new ARS according to the Manual(basic). I can receive calls in but cannot make calls outbound. The ITSP uses 1nxxnxxxxxx as the only pattern they accept. Matching Pattern Outbound is To sip:(.+)@ Deploy is To sip:$1@my.sipprovider.com. I have accounts registered to the Brekeke evaluation PBX. As my patttern indicates, the Brekeke is on a public IP, the phones are behind nats, this my first attempt to get this working.
hope
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The ITSP uses 1nxxnxxxxxx as the only pattern they accept.

what is the n in the pattern? and how you dial it from caller? and what response is sent back from ITSP?
mikeboger
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The North American Numbering Plan currently is based on these numbers.
nxxnxxxxxx where n=2-9 and x=0-9
ie nxx=Area Code and nxx + xxxx represents the office code and station number.
I can program pstn central office switches but am having trouble with the "simple expressions" that Brekeke uses.

Customer dials 9 plus 1nxxnxxxxxx to place a call. I want to strip the 9 and send 11 digits to an ITSP.

When I send a call using the above scheme I get 486 busy.
I began working with Nick at Voipwell today, so we may have this issue resolved by the time you read this. If so I really appreciate your quick response, and I will let you know the outcome.

Thanks

Mike
Harold
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> Customer dials 9 plus 1nxxnxxxxxx to place a call. I want to strip the 9 and send 11 digits to an ITSP.

I think like this..

Matching Patterns
To = sip:9(.+)@

Deploy Patterns
To = sip:$1@my.sipprovider.com
mikeboger
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harold,
You are absolutely correct. After getting some assistance, I discovered that the ITSP had not activated the inbound route. So nothing I tried worked until they got their part working.

Many Thanks

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1