Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

How to link BSS with an IPBX ?
mowgly35
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: How to link BSS with an IPBX ? Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version: BSS trial version 2.2.6.2/276

2. Java version: 5.0 (update 6.0)

3. OS type and the version: XP professionnal SP3

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:
192.1.2.X => Default Vlan
192.168.X.X => VoIP Vlan

X-Lite v3.0 (on 192.1.2.145, like BSS, listen port 5061)/ X-Lite v4.0 ( on 192.1.2.20) / is-phone for IBM lotus notes v7.0.2(on 192.1.2.156) / Sip phone Aastra 57i (DHCP : 192.168.100.151 to 192.168.100.155) / IPS card on IPBX Aastra Nexspan as MGCP gateway (IPS card => 192.168.100.201 Nexspan => 192.168.100.200)

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html : 3
SIP local port : 5060
RTP port, min to max => 10000 to 10999
Interface address field on PBX SIP Server => 192.1.2.145

6. Your problem: We have one IPBX Nexspan (Aastra), how can I link them to allow users to make a call with internal numbers (DECT, IP, analog...). In fact, when I configure SIP phones, I just can check one gateway like a register or a SIP Proxy, and I put BSS adress to allow SIP communication, but where, in BSS menus, can I check the IPBX (where is the IPS card, the only one able to make communication between the different technologies, but be carreful, it is not a Register or a Proxy, it is more like a MGCP gateway) ?
For information I'm student, moreover I'm french, be indulgent please...
Thanks for advance
lakeview
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems there are two different networks (192.1.2.x and 192.168.x.x). and the Brekeke SIP Server is on 192.1.2.x...

Can Aastra side (192.168.x.x) reach the SIP Server's address?
If possible, I recommend you to use same network.

Do you know how to make a register from the Aastra to the Brekeke?
mowgly35
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply,
Yes, my IPBX can reach BSS. I think we are going to put the server in the same network (the IPBX is in the Vlan VoIP, we go to put BSS into too).
---Do you know how to make a register from the Aastra to the Brekeke?---
No I don't. In fact, I use a 'ploy' to make a 'pseudo-register' with Aastra and real register with BSS. On X-Lite, I put the address of the IPS card as an domain and BSS as Proxy. Thanks to this, my softphone registers BSS course and again on IPBX. But it's a ploy, and I think that in the long term, it can generate random behavior. That's why I look forward to your reply because I lwould ike to know the true way to register on BSS while also pointing to the PBX to provide communications to the DECT, digital tel ...
Thanks
mowgly35
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I have spent my day doing tests thus I have new questions :

1) Is there a complete tutorial for brekeke (it probably avoid me a lot of questions)?

2)I have a problem, here are my various tests and results :

LAN Tests :

When I make a communication from a softphone to another softphone, no problem (and vice)

When I make a communication from a softphone to a DECT, no problem (and vice)

Remote access tests (two possibilities) :

Client behind business everywhere VPN

When I make a communication from a softphone to another softphone, no problem (and vice)

When I make a communication from a softphone to a DECT, no problem (and vice)

Client behind Checkpoint firewall VPN

And my problem : When I make a call from a softphone to a DECT (or digital or TDM phone...), my softphone hears DECT but DECT hears nothing.
After verification, the firewall isn't blocking anything, nor input or output. And I used wireshark on the remote client, it sends its RTP frames to the IPBX. I used wireshark to the entrance of the IPBX and it doesn't see RTP frames coming from the remote client. Therefore I think that the problem comes from there but in fact after some thought, I do the same test behind business everywhere VPN, where everything works, and wireshark returns me the same information that behind checkpoint (the pabx does not see the rtp frames from remote client), even on this VPN everything works! I do more I'm lost. For information, no NAT-T behind our VPN
Have you any idea?

thank you for your patience
lakeview
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

>> On X-Lite, I put the address of the IPS card as an domain and BSS as Proxy. Thanks to this, my softphone registers BSS course and again on IPBX

With the above, can you register your X-Lite in BSS and PBX at the same time?

And can you make a call between X-lite and the PBX through the BSS?

If you can, your configuration is no problem..
lakeview
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>> 1) Is there a complete tutorial for brekeke (it probably avoid me a lot of questions)?

Check them.
http://www.brekeke-sip.com/wiki/
http://www.brekeke-sip.com/download/bss/bss_admin_en_090210.pdf

>> When I make a call from a softphone to a DECT (or digital or TDM phone...), my softphone hears DECT but DECT hears nothing.

Try the RTP-Relay function in the BSS.
mowgly35
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thank your for your answers.

I'll try the RTP relay to resolve DECT problem's but I think it will be insufficient because:

-After verifications, my firewall (checkpoint) doesn't block SIP or RTP packets
-When I connect a remote client with a softphone behind the VPN and I make a call to another softphone on the LAN, they hear voice both. When I make the same operation to a DECT, or a digital phone, or an analogic, only soft behind VPN (the remote client) hear voice. I 've checked my codec configuration and it seems that DECT uses G711a/u, as the softphones.
In any case I'll try and I write my results as soon as possible.

With the above, can you register your X-Lite in BSS and PBX at the same time?

And can you make a call between X-lite and the PBX through the BSS?

Yes I can, but not very long, because after a while no calls are possible towards the PBX, but I think the PBX does not detect the closure of SIP sessions due to record-route field, therefore our licenses IP are unavailable IP because the PBX think they are used. I'm still waiting a response from Aastra.

I have one question (a little more every day):

I try to set presence and IM feature in BSS. I follow the wiki, put presence in peer to peer, make sure that user name on X-Lite account is the same that authorization user name on X-Lite account (I've activate authentication in BSS). After on X-Lite I add contact I enter Phone number in Name and Brekeke SIP Server in phone/Address. A small icon appear near the new contact but but it remains gray, unavailable, then it is quite available. My mistake might be that I add as a contact my softphone although I may need to add the number of each other softphones? I don't know

Thanks

mowgly35
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up,

After reading, I wrote a mistake, this is not my DECT wich encode in G711u/a, but the pseudo MGCP gateway (IPS card) which encode DECT signal in G711.

lakeview
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

> When I make the same operation to a DECT, or a digital phone, or an analogic, only soft behind VPN (the remote client) hear voice.

Can you post above SIP packets in the forum?
Because SIP packets will provide a clue of the issue.

Anyway your case seems complicated. I recommend you to contact Brekeke support.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1