Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Does Brekeke support RTCP relay?
mberg
Brekeke Junior Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Does Brekeke support RTCP relay? Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version:
sip server 2.2.1.6
2. Java version:

3. OS type and the version:
windows server 2003

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:
Eyeball softphone

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :

6. Your problem:
I have made a program with Eyeball SDK that can make video calls, all works fine when the calls are made from locations not behind NAT. But when the person is calling behind NAT and the calls gets RTP relayed by Brekeke Sip Server i only get 3-4 packet/sec from video rtp which is terrible.I have tried x-lite and it works fine, i get about 30 packet/sec when BSS video rtp relay calls. I asked Eyeball techsupport want could be wrong and tehy tested BSS. I got the following answer:

Quote:
It seems like your server’s nattraversal feature is not working properly for the RTCP stream. We need RTCP packets for video quality adaptation process. If RTCP packets are not received then video frame rates will be low. Does Brekeke support RTCP relay?

There is more info in my previous topic "Problems with video calls"

Any help is appreciated.

Mberg
james
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brekeke SIP Server relays RTCP for both Video and Audio.

If a Video's RTP port is 10000 for example, the port 10001 will be used for the RTCP.

Let you capture packets and check RTP/RTCP port numbers with both X-Lite and Eyeball.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1