Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Direct Dial Speech Server 2007
SOSAGES
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Direct Dial Speech Server 2007 Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version:
Brekeke SIP Server v2.2.1.6
2. Java version:
Latest from Java website as of 30th July 2008
3. OS type and the version:
Windows 2003 server sp2 + all updates
4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:
1 Linksys phone (spa942)
1 softphone (xlite) to dial directly
5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :
http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/pattern5.html
6. Your problem:
Good day all,

Hopefully someone can offer some advice on my problem.

I have 1 server hosted on the internet with Speech Server 2007 running on it.
I also have another server running a PBX caled PBXNSIP.

my pbx is setup for my hardware phone to register its self on and i have a dial plan set up so if i dial 7 and then any 2 digit number it will dial my speech server application (that is told to listed to call identity 7)

The reason i use the PBX is because Speech server can not talk to the rest of the world over UDP it uses SIP over TCP.
My phone uses UDP so connecting through PBXNSIP converts the traffic through me so i am effectivly talking through the PBX.
I add the IP of the PBX to my speech server trusted peers to get all this working. for more info see a great guide at www.selectec.co.uk/pbx.mht (all credit to Héctor Bravo) its a mht file as it was a word file and i didnt have time to do anything fancy.

So it all works and im very happy - the only problem is i dont want to use PBXNSIP as its expensive for my needs and the number of extensions i may need could be very expensive.

So im looking at alternatives.

I wish to do either of the following:

1. be able to direct dial (using the IP of the speech server) the speech server and talk directly to my application on the server. (i can do this but only using Xlite a soft phone and thats no good for the real world plans i have.

2. be able to connect to a PBX and call speech server like i am doing now with PBXNSIP just looking for different pbx options.

am i right in understanding: if i install brekeke SIP server on the same server that speech server lives on this will convert any incomming SIP traffic to TCP?
so regardless of the hardware i use i can just direct dial the IP of the speech server and have it run my app.

does anyone else have it setup like this?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions

regards sos
lakeview
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you try the DialPlan I suggested already?

Matching Patterns
$request = ^INVITE
$registered = false
$outbound = false
To = sip:0(.+)@
Deploy Patterns
$transport = TCP
$auth = false
&net.sip.transport.follow.request = true
To = sip:+%1@<SPEECH-SERVER-IP>

if a call has the prefix "0", it will be forwarded to the SPEECH-SERVER's IP address.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1