Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

SIP Server Redundancy - behaviour
jschwarz
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:36 am    Post subject: SIP Server Redundancy - behaviour Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version:
SIP Server , Version 2.4.3.9 Advanced

2. Java version:
1.6.0_18

3. OS type and the version:
Windows Server 2003

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:
Proprietary SIP Gateway Software

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :

6. Your problem:
I use two SIP servers as redundant pair for my system. It seemed that everything is working fine. During switchover tests i realized that something is not working as expected.

Server 1 is primary, Server 2 is secondary.
IP Adress server one - 10.254.246.12
IP Adress server two - 10.254.246.13
Virtual IP Address - 10.254.246.11
Mirroring, Heartbeat configured.

When I shutdown Server 1, server 2 takes over the Virtual IP and works as expected. After restarting server 1 i remove the Virtual IP from server 2 and server 1 is again the primary server.

But if i switch off server 2, the system slows down. Calls between two parties will be set up with a delay of about 10 seconds.
By checking the SIP traffic on the Proxy i could see that INVITEs are not answered by an TRYING. I got always 3 to 4 INVITES, if both servers running the first INVITE will be answered by an TRYING immediatly.

I do not use separate NICs for mirroring and heartbeat, everything runs over teamed NICs (Intel Server NICs).

Is it absolutely necessary to use seperate NICs? One for the call traffic, one for mirroring and heartbeat?
ambrosio
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any DialPlan rule which points the server 2 in the server 1?

I recommend you contact Brekeke's support team to configure the system correctly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1