Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

remove rinstance from request-uri
hagayu
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: remove rinstance from request-uri Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version:2.4.8.6/286.3

2. Java version:

3. OS type and the version: Linux

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved: X-Lite 4.0

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :

I have my own SIP server and I am using Brekeke as SIP Proxy and also use it to handle NAT Traversal issue since my clients register from behind external networks and they are behind NAT (the clients are in different networks..).

6. Your problem:

I have 2 phones, X-Lite 4.0 and SJ phone.

When X-Lite register against the Brekeke (using Upper registration) X-Lite send rinstance in the Contact header.
When SJ register the is no rinstance.

When X-Lite initiate a call to SJ phone through Brekeke (which is acting as SIP Proxy and NAT Traversal) the call is established and all is OK,

But, when SJ phone initiate the call to X-Lite, the SIP sever send the ACK to the Brekeke in order to send it back to the X-Lite but due to the fact that there is rinstance in the request-uri the ACK is not send to X-Lite and the call eventually fails.

In case the client is SJ Phone which does not register with rinstance all is OK.

Any idea how can I remove the rinstance from the request-uri in the brekeke or tell brekeke to send out the ACK ?

BTW, in X-lite 3 there was ability to disable rinstance but not anymore Sad

Thanks

Hagay
Haddas
Brekeke Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hagay,

What's "own SIP server"?

When you make a call from SJPhone to X-Lite, is the call forwarded through the "own SIP server" also?

If yes, does the same issue happen if you don't use "own SIP server"?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1