Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

No reply to Register when multiple NIC are enabled on Host m
Francesco
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: No reply to Register when multiple NIC are enabled on Host m Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version:
Brekeke SIP Server v.2.4.5.5 Academic eval.

2. Java version:

3. OS type and the version:
Windows XP

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:
regular SIP phone

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html : not applicable

6. Your problem:

On the Host machine, running XP sp3, I have multiple NICs, one is statically addressed (say 10.30.1.1) , and it is the interface where Brekeke receives SIP signalling. The other one is again a static IP, different network (say 192.168.1.32) , and I use this address to remote access the host from PCs on this other network. (Using xp remote desktop sw).

Problem is, when both NIC as enabled, I do remote access the machine, but brekeke do not reply to Register messages on the correct network iface.
When 192.168.1.32 NIC is unplugged or disabled, everything works like a charm..

is there a way to force Brekeke to use only the former 10.30.1.1 nic?

The "Network interface address 1" is compiled with 10.30.1.1 and I also tried wiki's suggestion to bind brekeke to only one IP address...no luck.

thanks.
hope
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you follow the steps in wiki
http://wiki.brekeke.com/wiki/Bind-Brekeke-SIP-Server-to-one-IP-address
it needs restarting pc after setting bind in sv.properties file

and at configuration/system/Network interface address 1, it is the place to put the global ip of the router your sip server connecting to not sip server local ip 10.30.1.1
Francesco
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and at configuration/system/Network interface address 1, it is the place to put the global ip of the router your sip server connecting to not sip server local ip 10.30.1.1

ok this was my mistake, I thought It was brekeke local IP...my bad.

Thanks for your time, I'll give it a try as soon as I can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1