Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

router not compatible with Upnp, and other fun errors.....
lettinitshine
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: router not compatible with Upnp, and other fun errors..... Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version:Version 2.4.3.9 , Pro Evaluation

2. Java version:1.6.0_19

3. OS type and the version:xp pro

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:xlite

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html : pattern 3

6. Your problem:
from outside network, using xlite, i get 403 forbidden, from inside network, using xlite,i get a timeout. I can log onto xlite on the server itself. i have set port forward, on router
i have forwarded port 5060 and 28080 and ports 10000-10999
to server, changed and rechanged settings on router.

in xlite properties for account (outside of network) my domain is set to 192.168.0.2. it is set to register with domain and recieve incoming calls, and send outbound via proxy 65.92.47.212.
i did some searching and came across this on the hipserve axentra forums: that the router i am using is deemed NOT compatible with the HipServ UPnP Port Forwarding Negotiation mechanism. are there settings in bss that can compensate? i am wanting both near and far end NAT.

I am setting this up so that deaf community can communicate with video phone feature of sip phone such as xlite. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed right now and would appreciate any help at all. Thank you.

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105
hope
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what has ip 192.168.0.2 and 65.92.47.212?

please set the same "user authentication" infor at brekeke side and xlite side.
http://www.brekeke.com/products/products_sip_quickstart_simple.php
lettinitshine
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The info for BSS and xlite is same, I just retyped and double checked, then got same 403. forbidden. Now after I turner register and invite off in BSS, i was able to log on, and confirmed that i was registered from BSS.

we have now 3 computers logged on, 1 inside, and 2 from outside network. but when we try to make a call to each other, it says "busy here". So what would be the problems? I do want to be able to authenticate. and I do want to call out.

192.168.0.2 is bss and second ip is external address of that computer.

Thank you for your quick reply and I look forward to figuring this out next week! Have a great weekend.

hope
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you using brekeke pbx?
If yes, you need to create pbx users from pbx/Users tab, use the phone register id as pbx users' id.

Quote:
The info for BSS and xlite is same, I just retyped and double checked, then got same 403.

create "user authentication" account again at sip server side and
at xlite, use the same id for both "User name"and "Authorization user name". select "send outbound via" domain. at xlite in the same network with brekeke, set Domain 192.168.0.2; at xlite in other network, set Domain 65.92.47.212
lettinitshine
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I have done that now. Thank you. Making progress.

I had to disable register and invite to be able to log in, even with users on PBX side also.

What am I missing?

other than that it's all working. Any ideas on what soft phone (eye beam etc.) would be able to use lower bandwidth connections better? Are some better with voice and others better for video? Would one there be an all around?

So there are my 2 questions for the afternoon. Any help would be most appreciated

Gabriel

hope
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I had to disable register and invite to be able to log in, even with users on PBX side also.

user auth is only related to the sip server side/ user authentication
not pbx users.
if phone cannot register to sip server when auth is on at sip server/configuration/sip/authentication, check and recreate user and password from sip server/user authentication and set the same user id and password at phone side.

here is how to calculate bandwidth
http://wiki.brekeke.com/wiki/How-to-calculate-a-VoIP-bandwidth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1