Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Exchange 2010 TCP/Mitel 5000 UDP
therzog
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Exchange 2010 TCP/Mitel 5000 UDP Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version: Brekeke SIP Server , Version 2.4.3.9 Evaluation
2. Java version: Sun J2SE Version 6
3. OS type and the version: Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2
4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved: Mitel 5000 v3.2r21 (UDP 5060) and Exchange 2010 MR1 (TCP 5060)
5. Select your network pattern: Pretty much Pattern 1
6. Your problem: Is there a quick how-to re: configuring SIP Server to proxy the TCP <-> UDP packets?

We attempted configuration by registering both the Mitel PBX and Ex2010 Server as clients and used the rules mentioned in the Wiki docs but had little success.

Questions:

1. Both the Mitel and the Ex2010 are configured to talk TO the SIP Server, correct?

2. What is the correct URI format for each as registered clients, i.e. sip:<exchangeserver> and sip:<mitel FQDN>?

3. Regarding the rules, it's not clear which matching and which deploy go on which rule... assuming there would be two rules. ?

I presume this is all very simple for many, assistance is appreciated. If this product works, we're a buyer.

Thanks.
janP
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you read the wiki topic?
http://wiki.brekeke.com/wiki/TCP-UDP-conversion
therzog
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

janP wrote:
have you read the wiki topic?
http://wiki.brekeke.com/wiki/TCP-UDP-conversion

I sure have; I certainly don't want to sound unappreciative but it's not particularly clear. Obviously we need to define two clients but the creation of rules and the logic to apply to which direction is unclear. Has there been any published how-to for Exchange 2007 or 2010 with the myriad of PBX's out there. The newer Mitel 3300 builds for example have a new checkbox to select between UDP and TCP.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
janP
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Both the Mitel and the Ex2010 are configured to talk TO the SIP Server, correct?

YES

2. What is the correct URI format for each as registered clients, i.e. sip:<exchangeserver> and sip:<mitel FQDN>?

Are there SIP clients which need to register?
If so, use the SIP Server's IP address as the registrar at SIP client.

3. Regarding the rules, it's not clear which matching and which deploy go on which rule... assuming there would be two rules. ?

If the Matching Pattern's rules are fulfilled, Deploy Pattern's definitions will be accepted.

>> If this product works, we're a buyer.

I recommend that you contact sales@brekeke.com to get hands-on support..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1