Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum

Error 401 Authentication on ITSP ARS Setup
sunny2010
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:24 am    Post subject: Error 401 Authentication on ITSP ARS Setup Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version:
PBX 2.1.6.6
2. Java version:
Latest version

3. OS type and the version:
Windows 2003

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:

No UA

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :

PBX on public IP
6. Your problem:

Hi,

I have got the PBX running. All I want to do is setup an ARS trunk connecting to my account on ITSP. I have defined the username/password inside the SIP sever also and have setup the ARS trunk on PBX also but yet, it keeps giving me Error 401 Authentication error. But when I try to setup the same account on any IP phone which connects directly to ITSP, it works fine on the IP phone.

The only problem is that this ITSP account not working on the PBX for some reason even though user/pass is 100% correct and defined on the SIP server User authentication also.

Please help. Will really appreciate.
Sunny

hope
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can use pbx ars template to register to the ITSP.
change Register URI and Proxy Address to your itsp address
and set username and password in ARS
you donot need to set them in sip server side.

and you'd better update to latest version pbx, it will work better.
sunny2010
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Still not working Reply with quote

Sorry,

Nothing works. Latest version is a nightmare. I installed it and no call is able to come through as new sip server asks for authentication. So I prefer older version for now as it was working all fine before.

In version 1.6.6 all we gotta do was to create a user/pass on sip server also in order for ITSP user/pass to authenticate and create ARS trunk with right use/pass in it and right realm/proxy configured. No changes. I know very well as I have been doing this before.

Just now, it don't work and I am sick and frustrated.

Thanks
Sunny

tuie2
Brekeke Talented

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunny,

Disable Authentication at SIP Server's [Configuration] > [SIP] page.
REGISTER = off
INVITE = off

You will the info if you read the quick start guide...
sunny2010
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Not yet Reply with quote

Hi,

Yes, these 2 options are already off. These 2 options are usually used for incoming SIP registration and I believe, they got nothing to do with ITSP authentication.

Anyway, they both are off already. Will appreciate any other suggestion.

Thanks again,
SA

voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SA,

You do not need to set up your itsp in the sip server. Only in the ARS. I would remove it from the sip server. I have seen this behavior before as late as this past Tuesday. It appears to me that some routers can't handle the registration packets that Brekeke is generating since i could register a hard phone to the isp but not brekeke. i did a packet capture and i think there is some problem with the IP header (not sip header) that shows up in a packet trace as an invalid checksum. I changed brand of routers and it solved the problem, yet the same router that didn't work with one pc worked ok with another. Both were windows 2003 server. I assume it had something to do with the network card since one was a GB and the other 10/100. I loaded and reloaded windows 2003 many times to make sure i got the same behaviour and certain pc's with certain network cards did not work with certain routers. The itsp was another Brekeke so i had a controlled environment.

So, i suggest you remove the sip server entry for the isp and then thry a few things regarding your network. Try to use another router. Try to put a cheap network switch in between your computer and whatever it's hooked up to now. If your network card is GB try to change it to a lower speed. Also make sure you fill in the field realm with localhost or the name of your computer in the sip server, sip tab under authentication. I have spent about 15 hours on this same problem in the last week so i was not at all surprised to see your post. Don't get discouraged because if you have used Brekeke for any length of time you know how good it is. Something has cropped up with either Sun, Tomcat or Brekeke that is causing this. When you loaded Brekeke did you chose to install the native tomcat? I'm not sure if it matters but tomcat is complaining about brekeke installing ver 1.0 when it wants 1.3 or 1.4. Not sure if it's related but that needs to be fixed also.

There is something going on with the register packets on the ethernet level that i believe is the problem that some routers can't handle. If you can change some things in your network you can solve this. Please post back your results.

Thanks,

Nick
Voipwell
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke PBX Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1