Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Brekeke SIP Server Under Xen Environment?
pspenn
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Brekeke SIP Server Under Xen Environment? Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version: 2.3.8.4/286

2. Java version:1.6

3. OS type and the version: CentOS 5.2

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :

6. Your problem: Has anyone had experience running a production Brekeke SIP Server in a Xen Environment? We are looking at up to 300 Simultanious calls during peak season.

Thank You,
Perry
Harold
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brekeke can work in such an environment.
pspenn
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
We are about to set up the test via Xen in a BladeCenter so we shall see what wonders await us.

Thanks for the reply.
Perry
Harold
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how many sip server will you run there?
fershoprado
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please let me know how it goes, I'm fixing to do exactly the same thing. I will be using blade servers and XEN vrtualizaton software. Perhaps we can compare notes.
pspenn
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,
30 days from my original post and we have built the SIP Proxy in the Xen environment. The QoS is the only sticky problem we saw but it was pretty straight forward to resolve.

We keep our data traffic separated via VLan through our Core, out to the Distribution, and down to the access level switches. Since up until now there have been no voice applications in our data center, there has been no need for voice tagging in the data center switches. To try and add this would be extremely challenging at best. So we added our voice network in to the specific BladeCenters that will host Voice Applications. This meant adding a new voice network and running fiber from our Voice distribution into one of the out ports of each BladeCenter switch. This was a total of 2 Fiber pairs.

The trick came in when Xen only saw Eth0 and Eth1. Both of these are primary and backup data. So our Xen administrator enabled VLan tagging within Xen and the BladeCenters apparently honored the request and the traffic was sent to the Voice network. (That's the part that was a little fuzzy for me).

My thought is that if you are setting up your BladeCenters with Voice in mind, this won't be a problem because Voice Tagging will be part of the design.

The solution is working fantastically. My big task now is to REALLY understand the power behind Brekeke.

Can I use it as an SBC for End point authentication to one of several Asterisk Servers via the internet? (Do my Asterisk servers need an external IP address or just the Brekeke. I am thinking upper registration but that looks like I can only have 1 upper registration address.)

How can I authenticate sip trunks to various ITSPs?

It's pretty nice so far and my bosses are very happy its working so well for what we are using it for. But I sure want to know more...

Thanks,
Perry
james
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> Can I use it as an SBC for End point authentication to one of several Asterisk Servers via the internet?

Yes.
Set Brekeke SIP Server's IP address as "the Outbound Proxy" at Asterisk Servers.
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+sip+outboundproxy

> (Do my Asterisk servers need an external IP address or just the Brekeke. I am thinking upper registration but that looks like I can only have 1 upper registration address.)

You don't have to use the upper registration.

> How can I authenticate sip trunks to various ITSPs?

Set ITSP's username and password at Asterisk.
pspenn
Brekeke Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!
Thanks for the information. I am going to start playing with this now.
Perry Cool
james
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pspenn,
Have a fun Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1