Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Calls not clearing / locking
wayne106
Brekeke Addict

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Calls not clearing / locking Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version:
Version 2.1.6.6 Standard

2. Java version:

3. OS type and the version:
win 2k3 web
4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:
any

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :

6. Your problem:
some calls locking up / not clearing

I am having an issue with some calls not clearing down. I am using the same gateway for both Asterisk and BSS users. since moving some people from Asterisk to BSS there have been problems with longs calls, some upto 12hours, however BSS shows only a few minutes in its CDR's. It only happens very occasionily but is causing some issues with billing and crediting back, and so far I have been unable to get a trace, anybode ever had this issue before? The users on asterisk are not affected, so it doesn't seem to be gateway related, any help / advice welcomed!

Thanks

W
wayne106
Brekeke Addict

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following up my own post, it appears the RTP session timeout is not working, I have it set to 600000 which should be 10mins, but after 10 mins of no RTP (eg if the SIP phone is unplugged) the call is not cleared, is my understanding wrong? If the IP connection is lost surely the RTP will dry up causing the call to clear?

Anyone had this?

Wayne
james
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using a billing plugin such as a Radius plugin with Brekeke?
Which gateway product are you using?

>> but after 10 mins of no RTP (eg if the SIP phone is unplugged)
>> the call is not cleared, is my understanding wrong?

If you want to use the RTP session timeout, you need to use "RTP relay = on".

If you don't want to use RTP-Relay, use Brekeke PBX because it has the Session-Timer feature.
wayne106
Brekeke Addict

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>Are you using a billing plugin such as a Radius plugin with >Brekeke?
>Which gateway product are you using?

Hi James, its a very simple implemenation, no radius plugin, sending to either a softswitch or cisco gateway, all calls are using RTP relay

>If you want to use the RTP session timeout, you need to use "RTP >relay = on".

Would it work if its on 'Auto' ?

Thanks,

Wayne
wayne106
Brekeke Addict

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried both 'Auto' and 'on' in either case the call is not cleared after the timeout and wireshark confirms the RTP is going via BSS, anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Wayne
james
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>> Would it work if its on 'Auto' ?

If you want to use the RTP session timeout, I recommend you to use "RTP relay = on" instead of "auto".

>> wireshark confirms the RTP is going via BSS,

It seems the RTP session timeout will not happen.

Did you tune the [Talking Timeout] in [Configuration] > [SIP] page? Let you set shorter value there.
seetarc
Brekeke Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayne106,

Did you ever get a solution for this ? I am having similar issues where the session timeout is not working even with RTP-Relay "on" or "Auto". Some calls are not tearing down. I have done lots of stuffs even usning $b2bua=true and
&net.sip.addrecordroute.lr , &net.sip.addrecordroute etc

wayne106
Brekeke Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seetarc wrote:
wayne106,

Did you ever get a solution for this ? I am having similar issues where the session timeout is not working even with RTP-Relay "on" or "Auto". Some calls are not tearing down. I have done lots of stuffs even usning $b2bua=true and
&net.sip.addrecordroute.lr , &net.sip.addrecordroute etc

Hi, nope never did, I am having to relay my calls though an asterisk server which does have RTP timeout, to make sure the calls clear, I'm guessing that if I try to raise a ticket with support, they will tell me to first upgrade to latest version, but 2.1.6.6 is very stable and I don't want to break my server!

Regards

W
seetarc
Brekeke Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infact i never had that problem 3 weeks ago when i was using ver 2.1.6.6 untill when i was working on enhancement of url replacement and i was advised to upgrade to Version 2.2.6.2. Now i have left the "url replacement" since this issue came on and sessions are not clearing/tearing down. I tried to downgrade back to ver 2.1.6.6 but Brekeke don't advice downgrading. Now i am stuck. I think Brekeke is having lots of unresolved BUGs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1