Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

Softphone in Terminal Server/SIP Server redirect RTP Packets
rminnis
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Softphone in Terminal Server/SIP Server redirect RTP Packets Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version:

2. Java version:

3. OS type and the version: MS Server 2003 / XP

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved: X-Lite Equivalent

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html : Pattern 1

6. Your problem:

I want to design a VoIP call centre where the agents log in to a MS Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server using MS XP Pro to access a custom softphone (X-Lite equivalent) and a MS Access based CRM.

I have used Provision Networks software to sit on top of Terminal Services to get bi-directional audio but the call keeps dropping and the quality is not good enough.

I want to have the agents RDP to the Terminal Server to access the softphone and CRM, but when they register with the SIP Server, the SIP Server uses their ACTUAL PC IP address to send the RTP packets so that all audio processing is done on the client PC instead of in/via the RDP session.

I want to do it this way as it allows me to manage the softphone and CRM deployment much easier.

I know of someone who has the setup above, but they are unable to help - is the Brekeke SIP Server able to do this?

I would be very grateful for anyone who might be able to help or offer some advice.

Thanks in advance.
Harold
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does "RDP" mean? Is it a Remote Desktop??
rminnis
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: RE: Softphone in Terminal Server/SIP Server redirect RTP Pac Reply with quote

RDP = builtin Windows Remote Desktop program
Harold
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you draw the system image?
It will help everybody to understand the system.
rminnis
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for long delay...I have a layout, do you have an email address I can forward the design to?

I have no way of hosting the layout. It is a Word doc.

Otherwise,

Terminal Server (192.168.16.1)

SIP Server (192.168.16.2)

Agents PCs (192.168.16.10-192.168.16.254)

1 – Agent logs in to Terminal Server to access Softphone and logs in to softphone
2 – Softphone registers with the SIP Server
3 – SIP Server registers Agent’s Softphone Extension with the Agent’s PC IP address instead of Terminal Server IP address
4 – SIP Server routes voice directly to Agent's PC
Harold
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is a Softphone working on the Terminal Server ?

Should the SIP Server send the RTP packets to an Agents PC directly?
rminnis
Brekeke Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harold,

Thanks for the reply (Happy New Year!).

The softphone works on the terminal server. It works in an analogue environment where the audio/voice is sent via telephone cables.

I want to achieve the same, but with a VoIP enviroment where the RTP packets are directed to the agent's PC.

I have tried a virtual audio driver between the terminal server and Agent PC but the quality is poor due to the amount of traffic going across the terminal server, hence so I need the SIP server to take the softphone extension registration from the agent's terminal server session but send the RTP packets to the agent's PC to be processed.
Harold
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understood your situation...

Which audio codec are you using for VoIP?
Let you change the codec at the softphones.
I recommend G729 or iLBC instead of G711 because they will not consume the big bandwidth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1