Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum

SIP Behind Firewall
star8888
Brekeke Addict

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: SIP Behind Firewall Reply with quote

1. Brekeke Product Name and version: SIP Server 2.1 Evaluation

2. Java version:

3. OS type and the version: Win2003 Server

4. UA (phone), gateway or other hardware/software involved:

5. Select your network pattern from http://www.brekeke-sip.com/bbs/network/networkpatterns.html :

6. Your problem:

I just downloaded the Brekeke SIP Server version 2.1 Evaluation in office, sip server installed on the win2003 server and behind the firewall. I did open the port 5060 in firewall, but I have failed to register to the sip server when I am outside. In the office I do not have any problem register to sip server.
voipwell.com
Partner PBX

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

There are a few issues you need to be aware of when running a sip server behind a nat router. I assume you have a nat router for this explanation.

Windows 2003 has a software firewall. If you have a nat router on the network, then you need to disable the Windows 2003 firewall. the problem with the Windows firewall is it doesn't allow you to open ranges of ports, only single ports. You need to open 5060udp and 10000-10999udp so unless you plan on making 999 entries in the windows firewall rules, disable it.

Make a note of your lan address the sip server/pbx is on. Go to your nat router and find the port forwarding section. You need to forward udp ports 5060 and 10000-10999 to the LAN ip address the sip server is on.

Phones will register correctly when you follow this procedure.
star8888
Brekeke Addict

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, the server I am using is Windows 2000 Server, should not have firewall blocking.

I just done the forwarding in my firewall, open the 5060udp and 10000-10999udp ports and forward to LAN IP Address. It DOES NOT work also, I still have problem register.

Do I need to do any setting in Brekeke?

Hope you can help. Thanks.
hope
Brekeke Master Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The global address needs to be set at the Interface address on the Configuration.
There are some guide about it
http://www.brekeke-sip.com/wiki/index.php?telepark.wiki=0f29b09a
star8888
Brekeke Addict

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Yes I just added the global IP Address, it's work! I do not have problem register to Brekeke SIP Server now. Thanks a lot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brekeke Forum Index » Brekeke SIP Server Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1